Thursday, December 29, 2016

The Festive Season 2016

Happy Festive Season to you all.  I hope you have had fun with your families, eaten too much, and hd a few glasses of the bubbly stuff.  We did!!

The days leading up had been totally frantic, I had a bit of a meltdown, but things did get done - mostly.  I had been making things for a friend to gift to her family, and time really did just get away on me.  I think I just lost the motivation for a few days (weeks). Don't usually lose my cool either.  I did get finished and this is what was made....





Three beach bags.  I was totally thrilled with how they turned out.  All fully lined with a three pouch pocket inside.  I really enjoyed making these and will made some more I think.  One for me anyway.


This is a knitting bag I made.  It has a lot of little compartments for needles and plenty of room for all the wool you will need for a garment. There were three table runners too,  see the last post for their pics.


A couple of Santa ornaments, loved how these turned out too.  My very first log cabin anything. Instructions were in Spanish I think, but I got the gist of it all.



A sewing machine pad, I really like this too.  A bit more log cabin for a lady who loves French General.  I will make one for me eventually. Need to practice a bit more on my stitching in the ditch, this one is a bit wobbly I think.


This is a Christmas pillowcase, gee I absolutely loved making this.  All the seams are enclosed, with making a french seam.  Made for a special 8 year old!  Annie Downs fabrics, from Hatched and Patched.



Here is the finished pillows I send to dear friends.  I so love stitching these Gail Pan designs.  I have traced of a whole to more to stitch and make up in the coming weeks.

So that is me for the moment, thank you for popping in and leaving comments, it's great to hear from old friends.

xx





7 comments:

Raewyn said...

Gosh Kath, your gifts are all lovely - and good you got there in the end! I hope you get a chance to make the things you want to for yourself! Nice to hear you had a fun Christmas :-)

Christine said...

Wow ~ All of these are beautiful! Great job!

Wendy said...

these look lovely Kath. You are right to be proud of your achievements.

Chookyblue...... said...

wow love all the sewing..........

Von said...

Love all your handmade gifts! Great job, Kath!
So glad you had a lovely holiday time. And yes, I indulged myself with the goodies and champagne, lol!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kath i didnt realize you had a blog,so happy i found you.
I love all the gorgeous projects you have made,you have been very busy,Happy New Year to you my friend xx

Donna Robert said...

The worst time has passed”However, it is true that there are more improvements than before...because of the rising numbers of people living with HIV in the state of Nevada. How could they stigmatize all of them? Therefore everything becomes a little easier and we start to share everything... We also started to invite and visit each other in a community. You know, it is six years since I started taking antiretroviral drugs...Yet whatever problems I face, the worst time has passedWhen I was evicted from the family home by my mother, my father rented a small room for me. But my mother and brothers believed that having HIV was my own fault – and that I deserved to be punished...I also considered myself unworthy and without hope... But I have a child and eventually I convinced myself to live for my child’s sake.
My mother knew nothing [about HIV]. She didn’t understand anything. Do you know why? She didn’t have [the chance] to go out of the house and communicate with society. However, my father does interact with the community. I know his friends are mature and dignified africa america. So he has a better understanding than her.My father came call me on a sadfull day sitting on my couch about a friend of his from africa who introduce him to Dr Itua herbal  cure in africa in which he advise we should purchase his herbal medicine to cure my hiv so we did and Dr Itua prescribed I should drink the herbal medicine for two weeks to cure although we were so curious about the whole thing ,I finished the herbal medicine like he advised then he talked to me to visit my nearest clinic for check up I did and now I'm totally cured from Hiv my father was my rock and I and my family are now happy together also Dr Itua has be helpful in my community ever since he cure my Hiv so why I'm leaving  my story on here today is to reach out someone out here to hope on God and never give up no matter the situation you that you are facing especially through this pandemic seasons which has really taught us all on how we should be helpful to each other and cherish one another.Dr Itua cures the following diseases.....  Herpes,Liver cancer,Throat cancerLeukemia.,Alzheimer's disease,Chronic Diarrhea,Copd,Parkinson,Als,Adrenocortical carcinoma  Infectious mononucleosis.
Intestinal cancer,Uterine cancer,Fibroid,Bladder cancer,Hiv,Esophageal cancer,Gallbladder cancer,Kidney cancer,Hpv,Lung cancer,Melanoma,Mesothelioma,Multiple myeloma,Oral cancer,Sinus cancer,Hepatitis A,B/C,Skin cancer,Soft tissue sarcoma,Spinal cancer,Stomach cancer,Vaginal cancer,Vulvar cancer,
Testicular cancer,Thyroid Cancer.You can contact Dr Itua Herbal Center on E-Mail: drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com  Or Whats-App Chat : +2348149277967