Friday, January 01, 2016

Happy New Year

And what a year it has been!

As I get older, and it happens to us all sadly, the years sure do go faster. This year has had some real lows and some great highs to it. The company I worked for moved us all to Hastings, and meant a lot of traveling for us. Although we car pooled, it was the time away from home that took its toll. I wasn't keen leaving in the dark and getting home in the dark over the winter months. It also meant I couldn't have my slow cooker on, food would have been totally over cooked by the time I got in. Although I  loved my job and the Company, I knew I had to do something about it. It really was a hard decision, and I did give it a go for 15 months. I  have a new position now, back home, and are enjoying a completely new direction. Not easy as you get older!! An Accountants office this time, completely new language for me lol. I will put my stamp on the position and hope to be there for a good few years.

As I sat in front of a computer most days, it was the last thing I wanted to do when I got home. So MIA I have been from blog land. I do use Facebook a bit more now and love Instagram too. There is something nice about the blogs though and I do read them regularly from my iPad. Not very good on commenting though, keep forgetting my passwords! See what I mean about getting older lol. 

I have continued to stitch, and sew. Not as much as I would have liked, getting better at picking things up though. Here is a bit of a sample....













Just a wee sample of what I have done and the stitching is all complete on these.  

So onward and upward and I shall post  a bit more while I am on holiday.

Thanks for dropping by.

5 comments:

Clare said...

Happy New Year. Hope you have more time for stitching and blogging this year. Happy Stitching.

Leeanne said...

Life is a series of changes, many very challenging. I hope all works out for you. I love your cross stitch, lovely sayings. Merry peaceful New Year to you.

Katrina said...

Great to see you here Kath, Happy New Year and may 2016 be a great one for you! xx

Cat said...

Happy new year ... I do love me don blog reading also

Sherry said...

Have a wonderful New Year with lots of stitching!