Sunday, April 01, 2012

Happenings in March

On the whole this month has been quite quiet.  Not that I have not done stuff, it has just been quiet.  We have had a lot of very dull days and gee, does it affect moods.  Mine notwithstanding!  Daylight saving finished last night too, so the evenings will be taken up more with crafting.

I have stitched a little on my SKoW, My Favourite Things blocks - here are a few more pics of the blocks.  I am still way behind, although hope to really catch up in April.  Easter is just around the corner, I have nothing planned, nothing at all, so hope to sleep in and sew.  I have also been working on some secret projects that I will show in a later post.

a wee selection of my blocks ffrom SKoW book

Last Saturday I tootled off to Pukeora with Katrina, Janet, and Rosie to Wine Country Quilt Show.  And what a show it was.  The quilts there really were quite lovely, so much love and patience put into them.  My favourite was a quilt made out of old jeans, darks and lights with a little red.  I thought how terrific this would look in a boys room.  Funnily enough, it was made by the daughter of my neighbour who passed away recently.  Small world.  Pop over to Clare's blog to see some of the other gorgeous quilts that were on display.  The quality of them all was very high this year I thought.

the jeans quilt - enlarge to take a better look


With the Quilt show, comes the merchants that bring their wares.  I was quite restrained (!! hahaha) and did buy some fabric and a couple of patterns and hopefully I might get some of this started over the Easter break.  I just love these colours.  Very, very me!!  (I havent said yet, I did get to go up again on the Sunday with my neighbour Kelly as she thought she would like to see all the goodies too!)  Kelly managed to get Some Kind of Wonderful book.  She is new to any crafts like this and I am sure she will get a lot of inspiration from this lovely book.

aren't these just so me.... from the Scribble It range by Timeless Treasures

a selection of patterns, some half price!  Lynette Anderson, Leanne Beazley, Abbey Lane and a pattern with Kitchen Stuff in it, cant wait to make them all up over the winter months.

I met Wendy for lunch on Friday as she had recently had a birthday.  We had not had lunch together for a while, so it was a jolly good catch up.  Here she is with the bolster pillow I made her....

A Rivendale Collection pattern by Sally Giblin.  I really like her patterns and have a few now.  This one really is one of my favourites though.
With the colder days even the 'boys have been snuggling up a bit more.....

Billy snuggled into the mohair blanket...... that is a look of contentment as far as Bill is concerned!
Well, that is me for the moment, thank you so much for dropping in, always great to read your comments.

Kath

3 comments:

Raewyn said...

Hi kath, your SkoW blocks are gorgeous-- it's a lovely project. Like the cushion you made - I agree, Sally Giblin's patterns are so special. The quilt show sounds great - who can blame yu for doing a little shopping, there's always too much inspiration at the shows!

Chookyblue...... said...

busy busy........have a nice easter......

Wendy said...

Hi Kath, your Favourite things blocks are beautiful, and the cushion you made is gorgeous too. Love the photo of Billy. Wendy