Sunday, April 29, 2012

SKoW Progress

Not to much done this month sadly, but there has been a lot of cutting and preparation let me tell you!!  Chookyblue will be delighted!  I do have to get stuck in and get them little bitty squares done though and I they will test me a tad, but that is called patience... right?  I have been sitting at the dining room table, the sun has been streaming in and it has been so lovely to feel the warm autumn sun on my back.

Here are some blocks all ready to applique....


 

I love this block, it is going to take a good few sessions to applique all those wee flowers onto that tree, but so worth it.

I have also managed to finish 'Home'


and I am working on this block also....

And last night, I did manage to cut out a lot of the squares so I am able to join all the blocks together.  I am so looking forward to that, maybe a next weekend job!

Till next time

Kath

6 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

oh I sure am delighted with your progress...........maybe I could send you my fabrics and you could prep some for me............lol........those little squares aren't too bad once you get into them............go for it...........

Alison said...

Is the applique done by hand or on your new-beaut sewing machine?

Wendy said...

Your blocks are looking beautiful Kath, well done! I love your fabrics.

The Knitting Cross Stitcher said...

Looking great to me.I like seeing this develop,I have never tried applique.

Raewyn said...

lovely Kath, it's a good feeling to be prepared. These are such lovely blocks.

Wendy said...

Looking good Kath. Will be nice to see them up close.