Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Hotter than Hot!

I haven't stitched as much as I would have liked but progress on Glad Tidings is coming along nicely. Katrina and I stitched on Saturday as we had a long weekend which was rather nice. Here is some progress on Glad Tidings. I am enjoying this stitch a lot.


Oh it's been hot. Hotter than hot even! My kitties have found a shady areas and I found Billy here the other day...



and he snuggles into the grass and keeps very cool....


Meanwhile Zeus is happy under the shade of the tree


but by night he sits here! Right on the coffee table. He knows he is not meant to be there too.


But when I go up to the computer room, he always comes with me and sits right here...


They are such great company my kitties. And we have rain as I write this, it is a total blessing for us all. Humidity is up there though and it is very sticky tonight.

I am thinking of all the poor people in and around Victoria Australia, the bush fires they are totally horrific and my thoughts are with you all.

On that note, it is time for bed, work is busy and I need my beauty sleep these days! Happy stitching to you all and thank you for your lovely comments.

10 comments:

Jane said...

Great progress on Glad Tidings, Kath. It's looking good!

This weather is unbelievable at the moment. As you know we've be sweltering in extreme heat (and bush fires) and now it's turned cooler here. We're expecting warmer weather for the weekend, but not as bad as last Saturday. Hope it turns more pleasant your way.

Cats will find the most amazing spots to sleep sometimes. During the heat mine (being indoor cats) just laid about on the floor with little energy. You've taken some great pictures of your two furbabies. Lets us see what they get up to! :) Take care in the heat.

Von said...

Glad Tidings is looking so pretty, Kath! Glad you and Katrina were able to get together over the long weekend.

Hoping your weather stays cooler so you can enjoy the summer. :)
My kitty would like to laze on my desk, but he's so huge he takes up too much space, lol.

Marci said...

Looking great Kath! I've missed chatting with you (my fault, I'm rubbish at emailing) and so glad to see you back blogging.

Keep cool - we had a cold spell here last week, but now it's springlike. The weather's supposed to turn cooler by the weekend though. I say stay cool until I come back from my vacation to Jamaica.

Melissa said...

First time visiting your blog. Glad Tidings is looking lovely! Hope things cool down soon. Happy Stitching.

Kajsa said...

Glad tidings looks great! The kitties look good too, Billy looks full grown now.

Isn't it awful with the bush fires?

Lelia said...

Glad Tidings looks wonderful. I love your cat photos.

Want some snow? It is snowing again here in Indiana ... we are ready for some Spring weather

Craft-i-leigh said...

Was admiring your stitching, then fell in love with your cats. :)
I am new to the world of stitching and have been browsing various blogs to try and gain some knowledge and get some tips / ideas. I originally started with a stamped, then counted “kits”. I’m working on my 2nd chart and have noticed some big differences in floss types and quality.
My Cross Stitch Mentor has told me that I’m ready to graduate from Aida, but I really like Aida. Maybe it’s just beginner’s comfort???
If you would answer my question… What type of fabric or fabrics do you prefer and why? Brands and counts?
I would appreciate any advice, thanks!

Aussie Stitcher said...

Glad Tidings is looking great Kath.

WendyJo said...

Glad Tidings is coming along so pretty Kath..its such a lovely piece.

Visit my blog as I have given you an award.

Loraine said...

So cute! I love this Shepherd's Bush piece. Lovely job. Just found your blog. I'm enjoying it very much.
I wish I could complain about the warm weather. I'm sick of snow and cold!
The cat is funny. They can sleep anywhere, can't they?